Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Let Go of Reasons and Sign Up for the First Race

I took the leap and signed up for my first huge race! The Los Angeles Rock n' Roll Half Marathon.

For about a year now, I've been toying with the idea of running a half. I don't consider myself an athlete, wasn't in any sports in high school, and never thought of myself as fit. Running a half marathon for me is something that I believe will help boost my confidence and bring in a new adventure that I never thought I could accomplish.

There was always a reason why I didn't commit to a race. Sometimes it was because of scheduling conflicts, most times was because I thought it was too expensive. But I know that there will always be scheduling conflicts and money concerns, and both of these will continue to be excuses that stop me.

Now I'm re-centering my focus and energy on reasons that fuel the health and active lifestyle I want to live. These next few months of training will be a time to challenge my body in ways that it has never been challenged before. I will run further than I have ever ran before and cross a finish line that has never existed in my past.

And what excites me most is that I'm not running this alone. I'll be training and running the half marathon with other Zombie Stegosaurus team members. I get to be part of the pack, and not just on the side line. Remember, I do not see myself as a professional or crazy runner, and rather someone who wants to get out there and live a bigger life. And I believe that's what most of us want in life - adventure and feeling a sense of accomplishment.

What's stopping you for signing up for that race you've always wanted to do? 

-----

Sign up for the Los Angeles Rock n' Roll Half Marathon. When signing up, make sure to add Zombie Stegosaurus as the Running Group. Then if you'd like support along the way, email TheHealthHitch@gmail.com, Subject Line: "KP I'm Rockin!", and I'll start forwarding you training tips, share with you my ups and downs of training, and you'll get a running buddy from now until race day.

As of right now, please know that I or The Health Hitch are not directly partnered with or receiving any compensation in promoting the Rock n' Roll Half Marathon in Los Angeles or the Rock N' Roll corporation itself. The only reason I am promoting them here is because I am running it myself and want to share this experience with others.

Join me and be part of Team Zombie Stegosaurus. You can also check out the other races and active events Team Zombie Stegosaurus will be at here.

Let's train hard, let go of what's stopping us and get healthy confident.

-KP

No comments:

Post a Comment